Specialized Home Care for Seniors with Heart Disease
Heart disease is the most frequent condition in seniors and the No. 1 cause of death.
Common Heart Diseases:
- Coronary artery disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Aortic aneurysms
- Heart infections from Tuberculosis, viruses, and some other infections
According to healthanalyst.com, more than 25 percent of patients hospitalized for heart failure will be readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of discharge due to poor nutrition, medical oversight, and mobility limitations.
That’s why Akahina Home Care offers specialized home care services for seniors with heart diseases or who have suffered a heart attack. We work closely with families to prevent unwanted hospital visits by identifying and reporting red flags before they escalate to a crisis level.
Services may include:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Errand Services
- Grocery Shopping
- Laundry & Linen Washing
- Implements a heart-healthy diet plan, including shopping and meal preparation, if necessary
- Assists with physician-prescribed exercises
- Helps with the daily living activities
- Offers medication management and reminders